- Recorded Date:Jun. 15, 2022
- Event:On Demand
Most companies have established strong governance around the high-quality data assets that power business analytics. But under the modern governance journey, organizations must revisit their data management procedures regularly to ensure they are extracting maximum value from this precious asset. Mature governance practices can help organizations to protect privacy, reduce biases, safeguard the confidentiality of business-critical information and enforce stringent data controls in response to new mandates.
The next step is incorporating governance into data literacy programs that help users understand the need to safeguard sensitive data assets at every stage in their life cycles. At the heart of these initiatives is a central data catalog that provides visibility into available assets, guidance in their use and policies that enforce correct, compliant and appropriate contextual usage of these assets.
In this session, we’ll explore how you can establish a culture of data literacy, quality and trust.
You’ll learn how to:
- Align data governance with key business priorities, outcomes, metrics and incentives
- Institute a data literacy training curriculum with a strong self-service governance focus
- Implement a data catalog as a central coordinating platform for data literacy and governance
- Define a framework for data ethics, accountability and transparency that is clear, viable and defensible
- Encourage data sharing, collaboration and reuse of analytics knowledge throughout the business
- Use automated approaches to help monitor data more frequently for accuracy and value creation