- Recorded Date:Jun. 16, 2022
- Event:On Demand
Governing or managing any “thing” without information about that “thing” is impossible. This certainly holds true for data and information. Data about the data improves confidence in data. Data about data engages and activates people that define, produce and use data in your organization. Data about data is metadata.
Join data expert Bob Seiner, as he discusses the role metadata plays in successful data governance implementations. Seiner will share examples of ways organizations have connected data governance and metadata to address issues and advance opportunities associated with major data-oriented investments.
You’ll learn how to:
- Define metadata in a way that assures its importance
- Use metadata to improve three data actions
- Position metadata to support investments in data
- Implement best practices for the governance of metadata