- Recorded Date:Oct. 28, 2021
- Event:On Demand
You need to come up with a data model for a system. But where do you start? What do you need to know? What should you expect from a solid data model? Data modeling experts Brian Kelley and Vani Mishra will answer all those questions and more in this session.
You’ll learn how to:
- Convert ideas and concepts into data structures
- Use normalization
- Move from the logical model to the physical model
- Implement a physical data model on SQL Server
- Start the process of creating a data model or tweaking an existing data model
- Investigate key areas within SQL Server when a database with an implemented data model isn't performing well
You’ll also see how to build a data model in Azure Synapse Analytics and build a logical/physical data model in Azure Synapse Analytics, adding properties like tables, columns, indexes and views to the model. Plus, learn how to share the data model in different types of reports and collaborate on the data model with different teams.
Brian Kelley, author, columnist, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and former Microsoft Data Platform (SQL Server) MVP
Vani Mishra, Director of Product Management for erwin Data Modeler by Quest